Monday, September 14, 2009

"I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter"

"Speaking often comes without thinking....writing allows for corrections before others are involved."

I confess, I copied this statement from another blog. It really struck a chord with me. Its a real pity that I didn't come across this long ago, because I repeatedly get myself into very hot and very uncomfortable water when my mouth goes off on one of its tangents, seemingly with no control whatsoever from me! Ratchlet has hinted on more than one occasion that I don't seem to have any verbal filters. The sad thing is, that most of the time I'm not even aware that I'm in that mode. Of course, in my case, writing doesn't automatically ensure that I won't be just as impulsive, outspoken, or outrageous as when I go off on one of those tangents. When writing, however, there is at least a CHANCE that prudence will kick-in and keep me from alienating every soul I've ever met! So I think I should "sit right down and write" (and by extension, EDIT) before "saying" just about anything!!

* * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...