Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Old Friends"

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I will be out of town for a few days.  I won't have access to a computer (Ye Gods, what will I do???)   Do you think you can live without me?  What a silly question!   Of course you can!

I am picking up two "Old Friends" at the airport tomorrow afternoon (Friday) and the three of us are going off for five whole days at a resort about 45 miles from here.  That is the most time the three of us have spent together in YEARS!!  Actually, now that I think of it, the three of us have NEVER had a sleepover or a trip away from home where we were together 24 hours a day!!  Gee, I hope we're still friends at the end of the five days!!  :) 

Actually the three of us used to sing together when I still lived in Chicago.  We are "the trio", which was our de facto name strictly by default.  We could never agree on a name that stuck.  We were "Sweet Innocence" for awhile, and then "Esprit" for awhile.  We almost used "Brass Tacks", but somebody (I don't remember who) decided she didn't like it.  This went on for several years and as I said it was just easier to say "the trio". 

We haven't had a chance to be together for several years, so I am looking forward to it.  Singing with them all those years was one of the shining highlights of my live.  We'll probably even sing some....all right, a lot!  Can hardly wait!!

I'll be back around the middle of next week.  Play nicely together til I return, kay??

2 comments:

  1. Tell Cathy and Helen hi from me. You have lots of fun Big Sis. You deserve it! LS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mellodee...
    A beautiful spelling of your name...
    I'm Shug and just dropping by for a visit...
    Glad I found your blog, and will be back...
    Have a good trip!
    Shug

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...