Friday, January 20, 2012

"Comedy Tonight"

I got home from our final dress rehearsal at about Midnight and our show opens tonight (Friday).  I am glad to say, we are ready.  In fact, at this point we need to have an audience to respond to.  Without an audience there is nothing more we can do to improve it.  The energy that flows between actors and audience is an almost tangible thing and without it, a performance will always suffer from it's lack. We have a great cast.  The director did a fine job.  The Stage Manager is keeping on top of all the gazillion things he has to do.  Costumes are set, props are at the ready, the set is complete....in other words, it's time for curtain up!

I think it is a very funny show.  Actually, we all think it is a funny show.  Nevertheless, past experience has taught me that there are no guarantees in theater.  Something I think is screamingly funny, doesn't get a giggle from one audience, while a different audience will carry on like the show is a mix of the Marx Brothers, the Three Stooges, and Robin Williams.  There is no predicting how people react.  All we can do is present the lines in the best way we know how and hope for the best.

There is some confusion about who actually said this, but a very wise actor from some earlier era was heard to say on his deathbed, "Dying is easy.  Comedy is hard!"  Ain't that the truth!

Here's hoping for a great opening night....after all, its "Comedy Tonight"!!


 IMG_9891
The Senator and the Reporter


 IMG_0074
The "Private Eye" and the "Mortician"

 IMG_0361
The Senator

The Relatives

The Couple

 IMG_0113
The Crusader
All photos the work and property of http://www.crakephotography.com/

4 comments:

  1. You look smashing! Break a leg and have fun. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! You DO look fabulous! I'm sure it will be a huge hit. Break a leg! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! good for you! you look fabulous! we love the stage. My oldest took my youngest to The Sound of Musci Friday night....good luck with the production!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Wish I lived closer - I would be there to see you with bells on! Well, maybe not bells - might make too much noise. But you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...