Monday, February 24, 2014

"I'm Back in the Saddle Again"

Well, I don't know what happened or why it happened and I don't know how to fix it, but it appears I can no longer use Google Chrome as my browser.  I switched from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome some time ago because Google basically told me I had to, because IE wasn't supported by Google Chrome (whatever that means exactly).  So, being a girl who usually does what I am told, I switched.  And it worked fine.  I even really liked some of the features of Chrome a lot better than IE.  I thought I was set.

And I was....for a couple of years.....but it all fell apart last week when suddenly Google Chrome started acting really weird, doing things it had never done before and refusing (so to speak) to do things it had always done.  I tried (within the limitations of my minuscule knowledge of things to try) to get Google to work right, but no, but no! 

So I went back to Internet Explorer as my browser and voila "I'm Back in the Saddle Again."  I seem to be able to connect to things, and link to things, and navigate among the sites I visit.  I've lost  some of the things from Google Chrome that I liked, but I'll get over that.

Thus I am back!  At least for the moment.  I do, however, have a feeling that I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  It won't surprise me if, at some time in the not too distant future, I will be forced to change browsers again.  So many people seem to use the newer browsers like Firefox and others. There must be a reason why!  I won't change unless I have to, but if I encounter more road blocks to the Internet highway, I will switch over to my third browser without hesitation.

Anybody have  recommendations or comments about the other browsers??   At this point I just want something that's not too difficult to change to, and is reasonably user-friendly.  Your thoughts??

But for now, I'm back and I am much relieved to have figured out a way to stay in touch with the computer (and Blogger) world!



4 comments:

  1. The highway is full of potholes and our tires too often go flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel,
    I'm back up and running. Evidently it was something I did, because when I went in and reset back to original and then restarted my computer, voila! Here I am. This internet navigation is becoming more and more streamlined and difficult for us non-cyber people. Someday we even might have to revert back to writing letters and actually dropping them in mailboxes. That is of the USPS doesn't dissolve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mellodee.... I have the same problem! I am in the process of figuring out which browser to use to replace both Google Chrome (which I liked until it stopped working) and IE.

    I will share with you what I discover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! So..I am not the only one that goes through things like this on their computer. I've used AOL as my brouser for years and years and years..then..suddenly I could no longer download pictures on my blog using google+ ..I guess it's called.
    Now I am using Google Chrome to download my pictures on my blog..but then I have to go over to AOL to look at my blog and answer any comments..then back to Google Chrome to ..etc. etc.
    I am too late to fight with it and try to find out why this happens..and the only reason I went to Google Chrome is that my grandson LAUGHED at me when he found out I was using AOL.
    So..you see, there is someone out there that knows a LOT less than you do about what is going on. I've NEVER been able to do my own headers and have to pay someone to do it.
    Oh, I've be told to go to Picassa..etc. etc...and "just follow the instructions." End of the line. I simply cannot figure it out.
    So...how the heck are you, anyway? :):)
    Love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...