That old "Counting Song" is poking at me again today. You know what that means; its time for another list!! "10 Things That Are Fun to Say!"
10. Blurb - If you listen closely it sounds like a body function. "Oh no! The baby just blurbed all over Great Aunt Martha!!"
9. Isopropyl Alcohol - (I know this is 2 words, but I really like saying them!) It just rolls right off your tongue. Try it.
8. Otolaryngology - It looks hard to pronounce, but once you've got it, you can impress people all over town!
7. Sphygmomanometer - It's a lot more fun to say than blood pressure cuff! (Can you tell I have a healthcare background? OK, no more medical terms.)
6. Farkle - This is the name of a game that's out there that I've never played. Words that contain the letters "F" and "K" are just intrinsically fun to say. Don't know why.
5. Trockenbeerenauslese - (A type of German wine) - Actually, very nearly any German word is fun to say!
4. Doodle - Don't you just want this one to go on and on? Doodle, oodle, ooooooo!
3. Frickasee - See there's that "F" and "K" combo again! Now add chicken in front of it and you've got a guaranteed giggle!
2. Diptych - (2 painted and hinged panels) Just sounds funny! (NOT to be confused with Dip Stick!!)
And now for the most fun word of all.....
1. Marquardt - (its a surname) - I cannot say this word without laughing out loud. Makes me think of little green men (who walk in circles like those little wind-up toys) saying repeatedly in their robot voices, "Marquardt!" Marquardt!!" "Marquardt!" Just try picturing it without laughing! Go on, give it a go! Funny, huh? No?? Well, I'm laughing!
The Counting Song has wound down for another day. No more from me, but I'll bet that you've remembered a few favorites of your own!! I'd love for you to share. "MARQUARDT!"