Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Bits and Pieces" (Christmas version)

Just a little bit of this and some pieces of that all about the Christmas Season:

***  There is an auto repair place not far from here that periodically displays one of those lighted signs that looks like a theater marquee.  They put up various clever and witty signs relating to auto repair, such as, "Brakes need attention?  Stop in while you still can!"  A few days ago they put the sign out with red and green lights.  It said, "Do You Hear What I Hear? ---- or is it intermittent?"  Not the funniest one they've done, still it's in the spirit of Christmas!  Good one, guys!

*** "My Favorite Things" (from Sound of Music) is NOT a Christmas song!!  I don't care what anybody says!

*** There are currently three radio stations around here that are playing all Christmas music.  I am thrilled to report that they are mostly playing "good" versions of the Christmas songs by actually talented singers!!  While I am reluctant to claim all the credit for it, would it be presumptuous of me to think they might have read my plea about dumping most of those painful "carols" that dominated years past??   Yeah, I know!  I didn't have anything to do with it....but I'm glad just the same!

*** I have been putting out Christmas decorations for the last two weeks!  It's not that I have that much stuff exactly.  It just isn't much fun doing it by myself.  I get distracted, or bored, or just lazy and don't put much out on any given day.  I do have a lot of stuff, but I'm closing in on it, really!  There are still two rather major "collections" to put out....my white Santas and Mikey's Nutcrackers.  Then all that will be left is to actually decorate the tree!   Sigh....Anybody want to come help???  Pretty please???

*** I am very nearly finished with the shopping for Christmas!  Yay!  We got an earlier start than usual and had a very successful initial  shopping trip.  In addition I ordered several things online and have received the first half of them.  Today I went and finished up the clothes buying (there are females in my family, so of course, there are some clothes!)  There are just a couple of things more, but I know exactly what I want and where to get them which is a BIG help.  Of course none of it is wrapped....but hey, I still have 10 days right?

*** In the past couple of years Mikey has taken a lot of time off at Christmas (he has a lot of vacation time that he needs to use).  This year he'll be off from 12/18 through 1/2.  He needs the time, he works so hard.  Of course, being home will probably lead to at least a few jobs around here.  I'm hoping though, that there will be some time to bake cookies and such!  I think we'll remember how!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the creativity of some people's minds when they do their signs. We had a very creative pastor in the past who put really neat sayings on our church sign.
    It sounds like you're gaining on the Christmas preps. I finally got the tree decorated!!Like you said, not much fun doing it alone. Kids are so busy with their own things this time of year. And they have LIVES of their own. I need to wrap and finish shopping. Gift Cards!!
    Peace,
    JE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Favorite Things, but they play it every year.

    Halfway finished shopping here.

    No decorations out yet. I'm such a procrastinator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "'My Favorite Things' (from Sound of Music) is NOT a Christmas song!! I don't care what anybody says!"

    So true!!

    Enjoy your time with the Big Guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...