Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Too Much of Nothing"

Nothing very interesting happened this week in my world. So how come I feel like I've been through the wringer?  Maybe if I take it day by day, it will become clear.

Monday:  

**I went to a baseball game.  Not usually an activity that draws me.  It was a Minor League or Farm Team or some such thing game where the Round Rock Express played the Albuquerque Isotopes. Who??  Still, not usually an activity that draws me.  So why did I go??  The Austin Girl's Choir sang the National Anthem and that's the choir that M-t-G is in.  It was kind of neat and they sounded great.  Even though it was an evening game, and we were sitting in the shade, it was HOT out there and everyone was a little cranky because of it. The heat even hit me, which is unusual. We only stayed at the game for an hour, but with the travel time and getting there early to avoid rush hour traffic, and the drive back home, the whole endeavor took 5 hours!
Tuesday

**I woke up with a swollen, puffy, red, itchy, sore, and irritated left eye!  No idea why, it just was.  Very annoying.  Nevertheless, I had other things to take care of first. 

**Like going to the dentist!  Had to get yet another filling.  The dentist and I agree that I do not have very strong teeth and every so often another one needs attention....no matter how well I try to take care of them.  I don't like going to the dentist, even though I have the best dentist in the world!  Since I discovered Nitrous Oxide, I am no longer terrified, but I still don't like it much....especially when my eye is itching like crazy and I can't even rub it a little because of all the dental stuff in the way. 

** Left the dentist and went directly to my eye doctor.  Luckily they were able to squeeze me in, although not with my regular doc.  I had to go through the tests for eye pressure, vision, a million questions and she finally decided it was an inflammation of some part of the eye that I had never heard of (and can't remember the name of).  She gave me a prescription for something to soothe the eye and advised cold compresses.  She said I would feel lots better the next day.  Cold compress felt great!

Wednesday:  

**Woke up, eye did NOT feel "lots better".  In fact, it was a bit worse because it had developed into a sty.  Still itchy, swollen, sore, hot, and generally uncomfortable.  Called eye doctor, she said come back and pick up a different medication, and switch to hot compresses.  It was a sample med, so no charge, and would make me feel "lots better" by the next day. I should still use the first med too.  Got home, tried to use new med, could only get a little bit out of the bottle.  Looked at box....expires 6/11.  I guess when it expires, it all goes at once!  Practically completely crushed the little bottle trying to squeeze out another drop or two. Too late to go back to eye doctor. Hot compress was useless.

Thursday: 

**Eye a bit better, swelling down, no longer hot or sore, still red and itchy but not as much.  Decided to just wait and see how it went.  Couldn't go back to eye doctor because I had another appointment with my....

**  Primary care doctor!  No problems, just needed new prescriptions.  My doc writes scrips for a year, but then requires blood tests (I did that last week) and an exam.  No bad news!  Yay!  Labs came back great, weight lower than last time (135 lbs!!), heart good, no problem.  Suggested having a pulmonary (lung) function test because I am a....(shudder)....smoker!!  There are some meds that can help improve lung function to help counteract effects of smoking, sort of an early intervention kind of thing.  Had test, lung function perfect!  No restriction, no reduced function.  No need for intervention.  (I laughed all the way to my car!)

Friday: 

**Eye a little better, continuing with wait and see attitude!  I have a follow-up with eye doc on Tuesday, so if it's not gone by then, we can move on.

** Had a lovely 30% off coupon from Kohls (usually only get 15%).  Decided I couldn't pass that up.  Spent 2 1/2 HOURS at Kohls trying to find things I wanted!  Frustrating!  No great things I couldn't live without.  Darn!  Kept at it, I was not going to waste that discount!  I did finally find some things I liked or needed and ended up with 3 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 2 bras, and a sweater, and saved nearly $80!  That's great, but except for the sweater, nothing that thrilled me very much.  Still $80 is $80, so I guess I'm not exactly complaining....much!

Saturday

**Eye better!  Still a little red and itchy, but tons better than it has been!  Progress is being made!

**Big Guy is working today.  Ratchlet and family busy with the gazillion things they do on the weekends. Nobody to play with.

** Bored and very tired of "Too Much of Nothing"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...