* Because sometimes less is more.
* Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone.
* Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”.
* Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore.
* Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time.
Doesn't that all sound logical and reasonable and guiltless?? To my mind, It also implies that I don't automatically follow everyone who follows me. I only follow people whose blogs are interesting (or funny, or special in some way....)
Because I like the idea of no obligation, I don't do giveaways or contests, or have sponsors, or try to sell anything. I won't ask you to vote for me and I won't endorse or test products for manufacturers either paid or unpaid. If I think a product is good (or bad) I might write about it....but it's just my own opinion and no money changed hands.
Tiffani doesn't appear to be writing much anymore, but her blog is still out there and I hope more people are joining this particular bandwagon. Here are some buttons she provided for use if you feel so inclined.
<a href=”http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233″><img src=”http://www.tartx.com/images/bwo/bwologo.gif”>
<a href=”http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233″> <img src=”http://www.tartx.com/images/bwo/bwologosmall.gif”>
<a href=”http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233″> <img src=”http://www.tartx.com/images/bwo/bwologoverysmall.gif”>
<a href=”http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233″> <img src=”http://www.tartx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/bwored.gif”>——
So there you have it! That's my philosophy of blogging. Most of the time anyway. If you like the idea, and want to join in, grab a button and start guiltless blogging! If you don't want to be a part of it, that's okay too. As Tiffani said, "It's all good." I'm not trying to talk anyone into it, but buying into the philosophy sure helps me feel better on those days (or stretches of days) when I can't write a decent sentence to save my soul!!
Mellodee Musings.... may not post every day and it isn't going to be full of extraneous or exciting stuff....all you get is me. But I'll give you the best I've got....just probably not every day!!