Monday, March 19, 2012

"Mona Lisa"

Arguably, the world's most famous painting, the Mona Lisa (technically it is named La Gioconda or La Joconde, or Portrait of Lisa Gherardini, wife of Francesco del Giocondo) was painted by Leonardo da Vinci in1503-1506.  The painting is owned by the French Republic and hangs in the Louvre Museum.  It is a relatively small painting and yet it has been the object of much discussion, study, and imitation for centuries.  I have only seen photographs or reproductions, but never the original.

Now of course, you know that the lovely lady does not really wear a green top hat nor is there a rainbow in the painting....but as it was just St. Patrick's Day when EVERYONE (apparently including the Mona Lisa) is IRISH.  I thought it would be a great CLUE #1 for the post to come.

Portrait of an Italian lady wearing an Irish hat

"Why??"  you ask....Well, here is CLUE# 2:

Here is a charming photograph of Maddie-the-Great taken last week by her Mom.

Portrait of an (1/8) Irish Girl drinking chocolat chaud

So what do these two beautiful ladies have in common??   Can you tell??  Do you know??

No?  Well, I'll tell you tomorrow!  I promise!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what they have in common, but I do know chocolat chaud sounds great. I don't know what it is...a fancy name for hot chocolate??

    ReplyDelete
  2. no clue, except maybe the beautiful smiles on both. Even if MTG's is prettier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...