Saturday, March 17, 2012

"When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"

Despite having an Irish last name, I am not Irish.  I'm a mix of a bunch of things....Danish, German, Polish, and some long-time American (back to the Revolution, I am told.)  But I am not Irish.

Mikey is Irish, Ratchlet is Irish, even M-T-G has a tiny bit of Irish.  So in their honor, and in honor of all people scattered around the world who have a bit of the auld sod lurking around in their ancestry, and because it seems that on this day....EVERYONE is Irish....here is my salute to to the wearin' o' the green!

When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.

 


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!


 


 
P.S.   Here's a little hint about my next post, coming soon!



3 comments:

  1. Wishing you all those Irish blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog post, Mel. Thanks for the tribute to my heritage. The first recorded member of my family, who shares the same first and last name with me immigrated from Ireland in 1843. He had committed some type of crime in Ireland ans was fleeing the law, or that's the story I have been told.
    "May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    May the rain fall soft upon your fields,
    And until we meet again (on line),
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to figure out you hint to your next post...LOL...I am at a loss but will be looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...