Monday, July 18, 2011

"Mellow Yellow" #9

MellowYellowMondayBadge
It's Mellow Yellow Monday!!
Sometimes we have experiences late in life that we didn't know we would like.  This is especially true of city boys when it comes to activities that are more usually found in the country!  Who knew??


Yep, that is the Big Guy himself, (wearing a  yellow shirt, I swear) about to embark on the very first horseback ride of his life!  As one of his 66TH birthday presents this year he and M-t-G went on a short  horseback trail ride.  He absolutely loved it.  Though he really was a bit sore for a couple of days afterward!!

NOTE:  Of course, because it was me taking the photos, none of the shots of him actually ON the horse came out  and neither did any of the ones of MtG!  (Why don't I just give it up.  I CANNOT be the one to take photos....EVER!)

Poppa and his BFF
(plus others)
♪♪....They call me Mellow Yellow!....♪
~~ Donovan

My 9th contribution to Mellow Yellow Monday! Hope you liked it! If you want to join the ranks of lovers of all things YELLOW, go to http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/



2 comments:

  1. Hats off to Big Guy for his horseback riding at age 66. One of the things I miss about being in the country, is horses. I had one forever, or until I decided to go to college (for the second time) and sold her to help finance my tuition. I used to ride every day and loved it.
    JE

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I love that he did this! Just goes to show, a "not-quite so-young-anymore" dog can learn new tricks!

    I imagine I'd be sore if I went horseback riding too. But it would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's really nice knowing what you think!! Besides, comments keep me from feeling like I'm here all by myself!! :)

You might also like....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...